Thursday, November 26, 2009

Waiting for Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving and I am sitting in a house full of partially cooked food and three delicious fully done deserts. And I am waiting. I am waiting because I had a headache this morning and couldn't get it to go away. I worked this morning at 6:30 am to wait for people to come in and buy their last minute rolls and pies and donuts. Now I am the one doing the waiting. My parents and family and everyone went on a nice walk so they wouldn't have to wait. I needed to stay and watch my cheesecakes (which we baked in our absent neighbor's home) and sleep and be good to my body. So now I am awake, smelling pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate cake, potatoes and TURKEY!! But it's not
done. So I wait. Alone. Doing this.

I can't wait to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment