Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ghetto

I’ve got a little ghetto in me
I ride with my bass up loud
Windows rattling
So what if what I’m
Bumping
Is Britney Spears, Ratatat or
Muse
I have swagger in my hips
And I can pop lock and drop it
My ass is made for grooving
Even if my hair is in
Pigtails, I’m wearing
A turtle neck
And sneakers
I’m sorry if my boobs fit
Into my shirt
My skirt
Covers my junk
And I like dancing
Mostly upright
I’ve got a little ghetto in me
My apologies that
I get straight “a’s”
And I still go out on the weekends
With the general respect
Of my parents
Go ahead and go salsa dancing
With your confusion
At my paradox
I bump and grind with mine
Because you know what?
Why not wrap yourself in
Contradictions
My diction is correct but my moves
Are questionable
And when I pull up at a light
Yes
I want to be noticed
So my bass goes up
And I feel
People around me feel
The beat in their hearts
Like it jumpstarted
Something long dormant
I’ve got a little ghetto in me

1 comment: