Monday, January 24, 2011

“Here is the Home of Color and Light”

what if you understood
what I was trying to say
like you tried to
make sense of moving lips
curving hips and tucked away body language
figuring that when I looked
past your corneas
touching your spinal cord
with unkempt fingernails
you would feel my words
plucking your heart strings
like a violin concerto
written for multiple voices.
your fingers are white piano keys
mine forming black ones
chromatic chromosomes
entwining, moving our fist
down to my waist, in our song
we dance
words floating like
clouds around our crowns of sunlight.
what if you understood
what I was trying to say
that every drop of music on my
tongue was to sing you into
the heavens
and drag you to the dance floor
because I love being caught in the silence
and the stillness
of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment