Monday, January 24, 2011

Burning House

Motion picture fallout and I see flames
Licking at your lips
There is no word for the look in your eyes
Where the closest emotion is conflicted amour
Arduous glares and I wish you
Would take a piece of me
Leave a memory on skin to cherish
Like a child born of dispassionate offhand remarks
Mark me, make me a target
focused fetishes and easy money
There is fire in this movie
I have seen it before
Our candle lit in closed spaces
Burns the house down
Leaving us naked in the middle
Ash circle
Staring at the spectacle, people gather
And what could be mistaken as
A burn has suspicious cuts around its edge
We watched as they shot glares and cameras
And only told of being the victim
When in our secret, the fire
Was sparked by something quite different

No comments:

Post a Comment